21 July 2007

I Live in America's Ninth Most Beautiful City



...so says the Today Show (click on "Today's #9 spot is Charleston, SC"). For whatever reason, this week has been a Charleston Love Fest. My sister Lyndsey called me a little after 8 on Thursday morning to let me know that Charleston was on the Today Show, and yesterday CBS' Early Show broadcasted live from the Battery in downtown Charleston (with a performance from Charleston's own Hootie & the Blowfish). Darius Rucker (Hootie's lead singer) loves Charleston so much that he chose to play this live show ridiculously early in the morning while still recovering from a staph infection with IV tubes hanging out of his arm. Whoever made the decision to put an Air Force base in Charleston, I'd like to shake your hand.

4 comments:

Mike West said...

Yep...pretty cool place to live. Almost as nice as Lexington, KY. :)

Chris Goeppner said...

charleston is the nicest city in america. it reminds of boston without the traffic, cold people and weather. my sister in law lives there too!

Bryonm said...

Charleston is awesome. I had a great time the day you and your parents showed us around...

As far as who's idea to have a military base there, I think it was King George's idea first...

J Dub said...

Yeah, I won't shake his hand.