01 July 2007

Cool Backwards Music Videos

As a tribute to this blog entry by Jeff Thompson, here are a couple more cool music videos that are all backwards. All of them seem to have the theme of going from disorder to order, which is easy to do backwards. I'd like to see someone do the opposite in a backwards video. I guess that would mean you'd have to sweep the floor or build something. Maybe that's not such a great video. Anyway, which of these three do you like best? Got any others?

Jeff's Mute Math Video ("Typical")



Coldplay's "The Scientist"



Jack Johnson's "Sitting, Waiting, Wishing"

6 comments:

Jeff T. said...

Cool idea for a post, bro! I'm glad to say that even against a heavyweight like Coldplay, Mute Math's backwards-video is the best I've ever seen...

J Dub said...

I'm digging the Mute Math album. Thanks for the tip.

J Dub said...

And, you gotta give Mute Math credit for involving the whole band for the entire video. Everybody had to learn their backwards parts.

Mike West said...

Someone gave me a Mute Math CD about 4 years ago as someone to keep in mind as a band to book for one of WAY-FM's festivals. I like them a lot. But, my vote for the favorite backward video is....(coming up right after this message) Jack Johnson - it was easier to follow.

Anonymous said...

Easily three of my favorite videos by three of my favorite artists. It is good to see Mute Math finally get their due. Those guys are unreal live.

Anonymous said...

I'm so confused . . .