13 January 2008

HUGE win...


I never thought I'd be this excited about a win over Vanderbilt. But, when Kentucky has had the type of season it's had, a win over undefeated and 12th ranked Vandy is huge.

I only wish I could have seen it. I listened to the entire game on the radio, as I was driving out to Altus, OK for some training. As the radio started to fade and become fuzzy somewhere between Grayville and Mt. Vernon, Illinois, I pulled off I-64 at the first exit I came to and parked my blue Tahoe on the side of the road. Here I sat and listened to Tom Leach and Mike Pratt call most of the second half and both overtimes on a scratchy 840 AM WHAS out of Louisville.

I'm glad they won, because I would have been just a bit frustrated having sat on the side of the road that long for a loss. Hopefully the Cats can build on this win and get some momentum going into the SEC schedule.

3 comments:

Mike West said...

Classic KY win! Reminds me of the good ole days.

EJ Chang said...

GOOO CATS!!! Massive win!

I am so bummed I didn't get to watch it or listen to it because I was on my flight back to Texas :(

Brodad Unkabuddy said...

Almost as exciting as getting engaged - don't you think?