06 January 2008

Engaged!!!




In case you haven't heard, I got engaged last Saturday to pretty much the most awesome woman I have ever known. We've only known each other since July and have only been dating since September. But, when you know, you know. Both of us have been though enough relationship "junk" to know a good thing when we see it. Both of us have been dedicated to prayer and seeking God's will from the beginning of this. And now, both of us are really excited about spending the rest of our lives together.

Kacey Leigh Fields absolutely makes me a better man, and I can only hope that I can make her better too. I now could not imagine living my life without her. May 17th is the first day of the rest of our lives together, and I can't wait.

12 comments:

EJ Chang said...

whoop! yay! so sweet! i can't wait til i "just know"! congrats to the both of you!

kaceyleigh said...

hey that's a really nice thing you said about me. my face is raining now...
i love you.

Chris Goeppner said...

congrats! my wife and i met in june of 98 were engaged in august and married in jan 99 (anniversary is tomorrow!). beat ya'! you will never regret not dragging it out.

Bryonm said...

congrats!!!

Brodad Unkabuddy said...

Congratulations to you both! I know you'll be a loving and respectful TEAM as you take on the challenges your future together will bring. God bless you and your marriage. See you in May!

Anonymous said...

i'm not used to sentimental justin... but i like it! haha... i'm so happy for the new soon to be west couple! (even though i'm a little jealous Kacey gets to be a West just like that) :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for Justin!!

Mike West said...

Mom and I feel so blessed to see God answer a prayer we have prayed for years, Christian spouses for both of our children. With Him as your foundation, the two of you together can face anything. Congratulations! We love you!

Anonymous said...

The only bad thing about marriage is that you get unfun Christmas presents...like vacuum cleaners and tupperware. These are the things that they don't tell you.

lisa said...

kacey told me to check this out and i'm glad i did. my almost two year old daughter looked at the picture and announced, 'uncle bob!' i guess you do kind of look like a relative of a friend of ours named bob. then she said, 'uncle kacey!' she's barely two. she'll get it right one day.

Patrick said...

It's good to see people who aren't afraid to let others know what their loved ones mean to them.

Congratulations to you both!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am very excited for the two of you. I heard through the grapevine that this was true, but I am glad to see it for myself.

May 17th is a great date. That will be mine and Elizabeth's 5th anniversary!