19 June 2007

I'm back



After about 6 weeks in the desert, a group of five us from the squadron came back early, for various reasons. For me, I'm coming back early to upgrade to C-17 special ops. It was a good month and a half, but it is great to be back in the States, to have my own bathroom that is less than a couple hundred yards away, to not have to swat away flies when I eat, and to have temperatures under 100 degrees.

Now, a couple weeks off (well, I do have to fly twice) to get ready for upgrade. I really was fortunate with the timing, getting me out of the deployment about 2 1/2 months early, but I don't really like the thought of leaving my buddies behind. I'll probably keep my hair buzzed until they get back as a small sign of support. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers, please.

And yes, I did drive that Humvee.

2 comments:

Mike West said...

Looks like that training in the Ford Ranger King Cab came in handy with the Humvee. Welcome home! We're proud of you! Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I'll meet you at Starbucks in Dubai.