30 January 2006

My first trip

Well, I just got back from my first two week trip last night. We spent about 11 days at Incirlik Air Base, Turkey flying C-17's into and out of Iraq. From there, we spent a night at Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar and flew out the next day to Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany. After about two and half days in Germany, we got to fly home to Charleston, stopping by at Pope AFB in North Carolina. It was a lot of fun, and I got to see three new countries (I'd already been to Germany). It's good to finally be doing my job, my one great passion that burns deep within my loins...like a flaming golden hawk. (Obligatory Anchorman reference)

Here's a picture of me at the Sabanci Merkez Camii, or the Sabanci Central Mosque, in Adana, Turkey.

5 comments:

Chris Goeppner said...

welcome back!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Do you have to go through all that airport security when you come back? Do they lose your luggage too? ha ha
Love your blogs Justin!

J Dub said...

I wish there were people to haul our luggage. We have to carry that stuff with us everywhere we go. It's like 4 or 5 big bags...craziness. All we have to do when we get back is go through customs, since we fly into Air Force bases.

Oh, and the Buckeyes are going to be really good for the forseeable future. We're just trying to keep up.

Anonymous said...

Can you take me to Turkey?

Love you and I'm glad you're safe!

Mike West said...

Are those cartoons on the Mosque walls behind you?
Proud of you!
Dad