03 December 2006

I guess I'm back


Wow...been a little while since the last post. I guess the deployment de-motivated my blogging drive. Some interesting things have happened since the last post:

--I have only flown one C-17 mission out of the country (it's kinda nice being home for a while).
--The normal feeling of disappointment and despair surrounding my Kentucky football team, which was even more pronounced after the first game loss to Louisville (about when the blog was last updated), has transformed into optimism and hope. The Cats are going to a bowl! Who woulda thunk it?
--Air Force basketball has shown that it can compete with real teams in Division 1, causing me to boldly (and probably foolishly) predict that they will make the Elite Eight this year. I get excited easily.
--I have sat on the scheduling desk four weeks in a row two separate times now. Let me off!
--I have purchased a blue 2002 Chevy Tahoe named Tubby. It's a quality vehicle.

--Probably most important: Christmas is in the air! I always get quite festive around this time of year and for this Christmas, I've taken it up a notch. After the Christmas moose was acquired last year, this year brings with it the spirit of the ice block snowman. He's bringing joy to the neighborhood out on the porch now.

I guess I'll probably post a little more often. As you can see, I've been extremely busy, but we'll try to find some time for "There is Already a Dog Named Stella."

3 comments:

Mike West said...

Glad to see you're blogging again. Who is that woman following you in the Lowes parking lot?
Dad

Anonymous said...

I love my family. This picture is ridiculous. I love mom just chillin in the background.

Bryonm said...

Justin:
It was cool hangin' out with you last weekend. Good to see you back...